april: a life of service
Main Points of Class
- We need to be thinking about how to help others and not be stuck in our own little world.
- We can find opportunities for service everywhere.
- Doing things for others increases the happiness of those we serve, as well as our own happiness.
In-class activity: Responsible Citizenship
- The objective of this activity is to help students realize that a virtuous man who is concerned
with the human dignity of every person needs to be aware of what is going on in the world so
that he can have a positive impact on the lives of others out of a sincere love for them.
- In this activity, students will hear a brief talk on responsible citizenship, research a current political
issue at the city level, and write a letter to their city council representative.
- Complete the Service Test, and prepare to discuss ways to improve in the area of service with your mentor.
- Complete the Summer Goals Worksheet and review with mentor.
- Discuss the Service Test and ways to improve in the area of service.
- Complete a Monthly Goals Sheet.